Friday, July 5, 2013

Quiet Time

I've been a quiet lately as I am having another holiday and watching family history being made. I travelled to Prague in the Czech Republic to see my granddaughter dance in The New Prague Dance Festival.

Classical Group
Over the past four days I have watched young people from many countries give amazing performances of many types of dance. Tonight was the Gala Performance and presentation of awards. While the major award went to a Taiwan University Group I am proud to add that my granddaughter's group from Sydney, Australia gained third place in both the Folklore (Character) and Competition.

Character Dance

The Group at the Awards Ceremony

I'm a proud old Grandmother tonight.


4 comments:

Julie Goucher said...

How wonderful! & a fabulous experience for your Grandaughter

Kylie Willison said...

That's terrific Jill. I'm enjoying seeing your photos on Facebook of your trip too. Safe travels, Kylie :-)

Anonymous said...

Delightful!!! Thanks for sharing...

Celia Lewis said...

What a wonderful excuse to go travelling, Jill! Super photos, and so lovely to hear of her success as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...