Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Trove Tuesday - Can't share this one

As many new resources have been added to Trove since I did some serious searching on my maiden name, Curry, I thought I would see if I could dredge up anything new on my ancestors this week.

As my first Curry ancestor, Patrick the convict, settled in the Camden area I started with a simple search for Curry Camden. I was rewarded with a couple of photographs. One that interested me was a photo of a distant Curry relation's home in Elderslie near Camden.

Sadly I can look at the image of Trevor Curry's abode but I cannot copy and share it because the copyright statement says "This photo may be copied for personal use. For all other purposes permission of the holder of copyright must be obtained." . As I'm not sure if  adding a photo to a blog post  is considered personal use I will refrain from posting it.

What I can tell you is that it belongs to a set of photos from The Camden Images Past and Present Collection at the Camden Library that can be searched via Trove.

If you replicate my search on Trove you will be able to view the image too.

2 comments:

John said...

Jill, I think you could post the link to the page where the photo was
John

Bob McAllister said...

Jill, Is this a modern photograph or from an historical collection? The notion of anyone asserting ownership of the copyright in an old image is one that family historians need to challenge. Owning a copy of the print does not necessarily equate to owning the copyright.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...