Saturday, January 5, 2013

Verifying Sources with the NSW BDMs

A job I do each New Year is to wander over to the Historical Indexes on The New South Wales Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages site and check their updated indexes to see if I can find any new references to people in my tree. Each year another year of records is added to the index.

The site now now covers the indexes to Births - to 1912Deaths to 1982  and Marriages to 1962.

Among the new birth records I found:

43661/1911BEETSONROBERT REMILY MNYNGAN
A second cousin once removed on Mum's side. Missed this one last year - now confirms his birth in NSW.

25671/1912KEALYJOHN RPATRICK JJANEASHFIELD  
I didn't know about this second cousin once removed on Dad's side. Another person to investigate.


15438/1912PUSELLTHOMAS PTHOMAS RCATHERINE MCOBAR  
A son of my Great-Uncle Tom. A first cousin once removed on Mum's side - I now have an approximate birth date.

28468/1912TIERNEYEUGENE DPATRICK JCARLOTTADUNGOG  

A first cousin once removed on Dad's side. I have his birth date as 1908, perhaps they took a while to register it. Thought it could be related to Legitimation but his parents were married in 1910.

Among the death records I found:
7359/1982MAGICKALICE MAUDWILLIAMELIZABETH ANN
Not in my database but with the surname Magick she is likely to be a relation of some sort on Mum's side.

Among the new marriage records I found:

14240/1962MCALPINEMURRAY REGINALDMAGICKMICHELE MARGARETSINGLETON
Michele is a half second cousin once removed. This indicates that a marriage date in 1963 shared by a family member is not correct.

I didn't find anything relevant for these family names: Curry, Gowans, Hamshere.

What did you find on this site this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much Jill for sharing so much knowledge and info... especially of the technological kind. As well as the daily E-News. It therefore gives me much pleasure to nominate you for the "Blog of the Year 2012" which Pauleen gifted to me. For more info just go to: http://caiteile.com/2013/01/06/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/
Wishing you, and yours, every happiness for this new year of 2013. Catherine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...