Monday, July 30, 2012

Family History Through the Alphabet – L is for …Straying


Frustration now sets in when ever I start to write an article for publication in a printed format.

I have become used to writing for digital publication and I just love that I am able to include links to other resources that provide my readers with additional information or clarification of subject specific terminology.


When I am reading in an eformat I relish the extra information I am able to glean from following such links. I have written recently that I am a tangential genealogist who regularly strays off my chosen path to follow links or leads.

The purpose of this post today is to encourage you all to move off that straight and narrow path that you have chosen when doing your genealogy research. Take some time to stray from that path and move laterally by following the links in online articles that you read.

You don't know what treasure you will unearth by engaging in some Link Love.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh Jill...do I stray!! :) Hours later I say "wait a minute, I'm not researching in West Virginia, what the heck am I doing here?" lol I won't stop though. :)

Joan said...

OMG, a straying gal after my own heart! Now I have a term for this behavior -- tangential genealogist-- tangential storyteller --- tangential writer. O, what a relief to know I am not alone.

Fi said...

I'm with Joan, it's great to know the name of this condition.

Gould Genealogy said...

I admit to often straying ... and you can learn a lot from that, because you find some very cool links, and info along the way. At times however you do need to stay focussed, but it sure aint easy :D

Sharon said...

Yep. Me too! I think "I'll just read this then go to bed" but before I know it, an hour (or more) has passed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...