THE 99 THINGS MEME
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font
2. Slept under the stars. (no thanks - I'm lucky to have a roof over my head)
3. Played in a band. (does infants school count?)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. (yes, I'm a kid at heart)
8. Climbed a mountain. (yes, on a cogwheel railway)
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped. (I value the few brain cells I have)
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.(it wasn't the accompanying alcohol)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (I held the bags while hubby took the children up)
18. Grown your own vegetables. (can see vegie patch from my window)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.(lots of ancestors so lots of places)
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. (climbed this one - friend minded bags)
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted. (by the grandkids)
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person. (it was closed on the day I tried to visit0
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. (as far as allowed)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. (Great Barrier Reef, Hawaii, Fiji)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. (what are girl scout cookies?)
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. (sobering experience that I wanted kids to share)
67. Bounced a cheque.
68. Flown in a helicopter. (not until I was 50)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar. (not impressed)
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square. (stayed in hotel right on Times Square)
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House. (had to stand in line for two hours in the rain)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox. (as an adult - not funny)
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone. (the first one wa s a brick)
99. Been stung by a bee.