Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Greatest Show on Earth....

...if you are a Genie.

I am just back from Rootstech 2015 and I feel vindicated. Because I have constantly spruiked about what an amazing event Rootstech is I feel largely responsible for a couple of  my genimates taking the decision to attend for the first time this year. You have no idea what a relief it was to hear that they enjoyed the experience.

As an Official Rootstech Ambassador I had the opportunity to use a video crew and studio during the conference to record interviews with people of my choosing.  On the third day of the conference I spoke with three first-timers at Rootstech to gauge their reactions to the event.

Here is what Tas from Australia, Hilary from Wales and Pauleen from Australia had to say.


5 comments:

Tessa Keough said...

Jill - great interviews. Sorry I did not get to meet up with Taz (could you also confirm what year 2 and year 6 are for us Americans). Wonderful to have finally met the rest of Commonwealth Contingent.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Thanks Jill for the interview opportunity and to be part of the first timers at RootsTech -it lived up to expectations. How lucky is Tas to have a lifetime to pursue this hobby. Great to meet Hilary along the way too. Tessa Our kids start at 5, usually in Prep/Transition so grade 2 is about 7yo...my granddaughter is in Gr 2 this year. So Gr 6 is about 11 yo.

Jana Iverson Last said...

Great interview Jill!

Susan said...

Enjoyed the interviews, Jill. Great meeting you in person as well!

GeniAus said...

Year 2 is the third year of formal schooling here in NSW it equates with the 2nd grade in the US. Year 6 ( 6th Grade in the US) is the final year of primary schooling that is followed by 6 years of high school (Years 7-12). This varies from state to state but is the situation for Tas's state.

Presently in our HSIE (Social Studies) curriculum children study family history in Years 1 and 6. I went to the grandsons' school to talk to the Year 1 boys lst year and expect another invitation this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...