Monday, February 23, 2015

GeneaBlogger Beads at Congress

We can't buck tradition.  In a tradition started by Thomas MacEntee Geneabloggers at large and small Geneaconferences wear Mardi Gras style beads so that they can easily recognise each other. Our blogger beads were a boon at the recent Rootstech Conference that attracted 22,000 people on Family Day.

Aussies at Rootstech - note the red and white blogger beads some of us are wearing
It is my pleasure to sponsor the beads for the AFFHO Congress in Canberra this month. I selected the beads from an online vendor recommended by DearMYRTLE and had them delivered to my hotel in Salt Lake City (as postage costs to Australia are horrendous). I didn't realise how heavy 50 strings of Black and Gold Satin Swirls Necklaces would be in my luggage. Thankfully the beads and I made it home without incurring an overweight penalty (I love Qantas' generous luggage limits).

Black and Gold Satin Swirls
I need to draw up a list of those geneabloggers who will be attending Congress and wish to proudly wear the beads.

I know that Pauleen Cass and Shauna Hicks, my co Official Bloggers will be coming along so I'll be reserving some beads for them. Alona, Carmel, Helen, Jenny J., Judy W and Sharn have indicated that they will be going too. How about you?

Geneabloggers please let me know if you are going to Congress by emailing me at with Blogger Beads in the subject line and stating your name and the URL of your blog. Once I have my list I will make arrangements for your beading..


Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Looking forward to my Congress blogger beads, thanks Jill :) Wish it had occurred to me earlier to order ribbons for Genealogists for Families members before I left the U.S.

Judy Webster said...

Thanks for organising the blogger beads, Jill. I'll wear them with pride.

Janelle Collins said...

Me too!! :)

TravelGenee said...


Jana Last said...


I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at

Have a great weekend!

Alex Daw said...

Dear Jill If you have any spare I would be honoured to participate..please and thankyou. Alex

Linda Robbins said...

I enjoyed meeting you and other new Aussie friends at RootsTech. I love your new color beads for your Congress bloggers. Best wishes for everyone's attendance and presentations. Yahoo! from Texas


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...