Monday, February 23, 2015

GeneaBlogger Beads at Congress

We can't buck tradition.  In a tradition started by Thomas MacEntee Geneabloggers at large and small Geneaconferences wear Mardi Gras style beads so that they can easily recognise each other. Our blogger beads were a boon at the recent Rootstech Conference that attracted 22,000 people on Family Day.

Aussies at Rootstech - note the red and white blogger beads some of us are wearing
It is my pleasure to sponsor the beads for the AFFHO Congress in Canberra this month. I selected the beads from an online vendor recommended by DearMYRTLE and had them delivered to my hotel in Salt Lake City (as postage costs to Australia are horrendous). I didn't realise how heavy 50 strings of Black and Gold Satin Swirls Necklaces would be in my luggage. Thankfully the beads and I made it home without incurring an overweight penalty (I love Qantas' generous luggage limits).

Black and Gold Satin Swirls
I need to draw up a list of those geneabloggers who will be attending Congress and wish to proudly wear the beads.

I know that Pauleen Cass and Shauna Hicks, my co Official Bloggers will be coming along so I'll be reserving some beads for them. Alona, Carmel, Helen, Jenny J., Judy W and Sharn have indicated that they will be going too. How about you?

Geneabloggers please let me know if you are going to Congress by emailing me at jillballau@gmail.com with Blogger Beads in the subject line and stating your name and the URL of your blog. Once I have my list I will make arrangements for your beading..




6 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Looking forward to my Congress blogger beads, thanks Jill :) Wish it had occurred to me earlier to order ribbons for Genealogists for Families members before I left the U.S.

Judy Webster said...

Thanks for organising the blogger beads, Jill. I'll wear them with pride.

Janelle Collins said...

Me too!! :)

Jana Iverson Last said...

Jill,

I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2015/02/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-february-27.html

Have a great weekend!

Alex Daw said...

Dear Jill If you have any spare I would be honoured to participate..please and thankyou. Alex

Linda Robbins said...

I enjoyed meeting you and other new Aussie friends at RootsTech. I love your new color beads for your Congress bloggers. Best wishes for everyone's attendance and presentations. Yahoo! from Texas

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...