Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Trove Tuesday - A day out with her sisters

Today is one of my schoolfriends birthdays. When I was writing a birthday message on her Facebook timeline I noticed among the images on her page a clipping from an Australian Women's Weekly in 1958.  One of the family members had commented that she wished the family had a better copy of the article that featured my friend, her four sisters and their Mum.

I wondered if they knew of Trove and if the quality of the image available there was better than what the family had. I first tried a search to find the advertisement but drew a a blank. As I had the date of the publication I then browsed through the pages (and had a meander down memory lane) until I found on Page 51 the advertisement I was looking for. The quality of the online article is so much clearer than that which my friend has.

1958 '[No heading].', The Australian Women's Weekly (1933 - 1982), 3 September, p. 51, viewed 25 March, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-page4912609
I've now added some tags so that anyone searching for the family will be able to find this article.

Happy Birthday Lee.

2 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Good find Jill and another win for Trove.

Kerryn Taylor said...

wonderful idea Jill and what a thoughtful gift to your friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...