Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bargain Hunter

As my regular readers know I am a sucker for a bargain and I love techie toys. On my shopping expedition today I netted both a bargain and a new tech toy.

The bargain will be useful when I go out on a geneajaunt. I went into The Reject Shop looking for a cheap cover for my new tech toy but came out with something else, it was marked $6 but there was a sign showing that it had been reduced to $4 but when I took it to the checkout I was only charged $2. It's a mesh organiser bag, that has two large compartments, one zippered and one open plus eight small pockets for holding bits and bobs. I have a large laptop pouch that I use for transporting the items in the image below, this ne purchase will help me better organise them for travel.

I am posting this because I thought some of my mates in Australia with $2 to invest might wish to wander down to The Reject Shop and check them out.


The new tech toy is presently on the charger getting a fill of energy for its first encounter with me later this evening. Mr GeniAus' mobile phone has been experiencing difficulties so I generously offered to purchase a new phone and give him my old model. 

Last year I decided that I wanted a Galaxy Note 3 32g because I needed more storage. I also wanted a larger screen so that when I am travelling I can leave my Galaxy 10.1 tablet at home and travel with just a netbook and the large screen phone or phablet. I will be testing this out when I head off overseas next week. I am hoping that the 5.7" screen size will be adequate for short typing tasks and reading some ebooks. 

I had been holding off buying the device bacause of the price but I got a good deal on an unlocked model (there must be a new model around the corner) and, because I am leaving the country, I will get a 10% tax rebate from The Tourist Refund Scheme.

I am wondering if any of my genimates are phablet users?

4 comments:

Jackie van Bergen said...

I've been using an old airline toiletries pouch for all my bits and bobs but might have a look at this one.
Always a new gadget and a new term - phablet!

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

good bargain hunting Jill! and so kind to give Mr GeniAus your old phone - sounds like our house :-) No phablets here though my Sony Xperia is larger than an IPhone and according to the Telstra tech is relatively waterproof - as tested in his fishing excursions.

Sharon said...

Thank you for the tip Jill. Think I may need to pop down to the Reject shop.

Kerryn Taylor said...

I'll have to call into the Reject shop too, this looks very handy. Thanks for sharing Jill.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...