Sunday, March 2, 2014

The 5Ws - Where did they come from?

 This post originally appeared here on The Worldwide Genealogy Blog. As that blog is now dormant I am reposting it here on my blog.

I wrote in last month's post that Who, What, When, Where and Why will guide me in this and subsequent posts for my contributions to this blog. I wrote two Who posts so thought I would attack the next on the list WHAT and now I am quite flummoxed as to how I should describe the WHAT of my genealogical activities.

Should it be:
What am I researching?
What do I use to research?
What involvement do I have in the geneaworld?

As a born procrastinator I will park the What post for the moment and move on to WHERE.

Where my earliest ancestors came from:

Richard Aspinall - Wigan, Lancashire, England
Katherine Bowe - Kilkenny, Ireland
Catherine Connolly - Kilkenny, Ireland
Mary Cregan - Eniskillen, Fermanagh, Ireland
Patrick Curry - Clare, Ireland
Eliza D'Arcy - Templemore, Tipperary, Ireland
James Duncan - Aberdeen, Scotland
Robert Hayward - Oxfordshire, England
James Homer - Manchester, Lancashire, England
Patrick Kealy - Ballyfoyle, Kilkenny, Ireland
Catherine Maxwell - Glasgow, Scotland
Margaret McRone/McKeon - A mystery woman
Michael Molloy, Meath, Ireland
Eleanor Moore - Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Elizabeth Phipps - London, England
James Pusell - Warrington, Lancashire, England
Bridget Ryan - Kilbeggan, Westmeath, Ireland
Dennis Tierney - Roscrea, Tipperary, Ireland
John Tucker - Datchet, Buckinghamshire, England
James Westbrook - London, England

Looks like my blood is mostly Irish with a good dose of English and a dash of Scottish.

Using Google Maps I created a custom map to show where those ancestors came from. The birth places of my ancestors can be found on the map below. You can use your mouse to navigate around the map.



So that's where I come from. How about you?

---------------------------------------------------------

I'll be blogging here again on the 2nd of next month. In the meantime, I'll be blogging at http://geniaus.blogspot.com . You can find me on Google+ as Jill Ball and sometimes on Twitter as @geniaus

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...