Thursday, August 1, 2013

Worked out what I can do...

It's National Family History Month here in Australia and there are lots of celebrations hosted by institutions and organisations happening all around the Nation.

I have been pondering what I, as an individual, could do to recognise National Family History Month. I was looking at Twitter this morning before I went out  and it came to me; it had to be something related to Social Media. I could add a widget that shows all the tweets posted using the hashtag #NHFM13 to the sidebar of my blog for the month of August.

As well as keeping me informed about what people have to say about the month and from the events they attend it will highlight the celebration to people who read my blog (most of them are from North America). Readers closer to home might also take a look Twitter feed when they visit my blog.

I did it and it was a piece of cake using the Widgets tool in Twitter. Please remember to use the hashtag #NFHM13 when you talk about National Family History Month on Social Media.

My Twitter Widget tool


If this is not your thing you can find a list of 31 Activities for Researchers & Societies on Shauna Hicks' blog.

What are you doing to recognise National Family History Month?

2 comments:

Bribie Family History Association said...

Great idea thanks Jill

Jana Iverson Last said...

Jill,

I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/08/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-august-2.html

Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...