Friday, August 30, 2013

Hanging Out

If there's one thing I've been wanting to do it is to utilise Google Hangouts to connect with other genealogists around the globe. Sadly because of the dodgy internet connection I had at home my attempts to talk to people like DearMyrtle in the US, Ben Mercer from Inside History Magazine, FionaTelleson in Australia and Julie Goucher from the UK have failed dismally.

Earlier this week the Geniaus family changed internet service providers from TPG to BigPond. I had been loathe to give up my unlimited bandwidth account with TPG but as, on some days, we were unable to connect at all between the hours of 4 and 10 PM this account became unattractive.

Surprise, surprise! When we moved over to BigPond on Monday I had not expected our internet connection to improve much but it has quite significantly. Now I am limited to 500 GB a month but I can access the internet at all hours; I hope that the 500 GB will be sufficient.

I thank Julie Goucher of Anglers Rest for making yet another date to connect with me via a Google Hangout this week. It was a great success, my connection did not drop out and I was able to have a lovely chat with fellow genealogist on the other side of the world.

Now that I have confidence in my ISP I am looking forward to hanging out with many of you. I just need to hone my hanging out skills. I hope in the near future to record a few interviews with fellow genealogists to add to my YouTube Channel.

Please let me know if you'd like to hang out some time.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Yes...Yes...Yes...
A Hangout - Please, it will be great to Hangout and talk about Genealogy.

Hangout soon...Cheers!

Julie Goucher said...

Always happy to hangout Jill!

Kerryn Taylor said...

Wow 500 GB I don't even use 5 GB

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...