Thursday, February 28, 2013

More Aussies heading to Rootstech

In just three weeks the Rootstech Conference will kick off in Salt Lake City and it looks like I will have a bit of company from home this year.

I already knew that Alan Phillips, Alona Tester, Helen Smith, Jenny Joyce, Liz Pidgeon and myself (and Mr Geniaus) were heading to Salt Lake City. On the recent UTP cruise I discovered that Margaret Doherty, President of The Genealogical Society of Queensland, and her husband Geoff are also Salt Lake City bound.

Yesterday I downloaded and played with the new Rootstech App for Android (see what I have written about it here on the Android Genealogy blog). On the app those attending the conference have an option to add their names to the list of attendees. It was here that I discovered that Martyn Killion, Hon Sec/Vice-President of The Society of Australian Genealogists, will also be in Salt Lake City. 

There may be other Aussies I don't know about coming along so we could even get to a dozen starters from downunder. I am on the lookout for some kitschy kangaroo or koala stickers that we can affix to our nametags so that people recognise us as being from Australia.

2 comments:

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Looks like you'll have fun! Darwin is the home of Aussie kitsch so let me know if you need any koalas or Skippies.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

I am VERY excited to meet the Aussies at RootsTech. It's a whole new group of geneablogging celebrities!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...