Monday, February 13, 2012

Your defining television programs... - ABC New South Wales - Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)

Reading through this list of TV shows reminded me that I should make a note in my database of the shows enjoyed by family members.

My grandmother, Ethel Jane Pusell liked Bonanza and Days of our lives. My Dad, Allan John Curry loved Four Corners, The Flintstones and Top Cat.

What shows did your parents and grandparents watch?


Your defining television programs... - ABC New South Wales - Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC):

'via Blog this'

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

I remember my Mum liking A Country Practice, ER and RPA. I sense a theme ....

luckyllama said...

My Grandparents, who passed away in the 1980's never owned a television set. The "Wireless" - a big brown thing with valves, was all they had and needed. No talking when the ABC news came on around 6pm!

My father ruled the TV in our house, and always decided what was appropriate. ABC programs mainly, - especially the news and documentaries including such gems as "Aunty Jack" and "Monty Python".

I loved, a show called Burke's Law, and a show about sailing around Tahiti on a sailing ship, 77 sunset strip, Perry Mason.... Cartoons were forbidden, but I loved tropical escapism and detective shows; still do!

Oh and black and white movies on a wet Saturday afternoon when Dad was at golf. Fred and Ginger, Tarzan, Esther Williams -anything really

One thing that surprised me when I looked after Dad during the last 3 months of his life was that he had become a fan of the "Bold and the beautiful" - what the ... my dad doesn't watch stuff like this! - He saw it as a comedy and we actually had a few laughs during that bitter time.

GeniAus said...

Lizzie. Your mother also liked Ben Casey, Dr Kildare and The Young Doctors - definitely a theme there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...