Friday, December 30, 2011

Genealogy on the High Seas

I love cruising. Unpacking my bags once, travelling overnight  to a new port each day and being fed and watered each day without having to consider that infernal travel issue of "Where will we eat tonight?"

Some of my cruising experiences have been enhanced by the personal enrichment activities on offer. I learnt the ins and outs of Photoshop elements on a cruise up the Eastern Coast of the US and Canada and gained great photography tips from Peter Simon on a cruise round the Caribbean. Sadly I have not yet struck a genealogy cruise that fits in with my requirements and schedule.

While I was on my most recent cruise around the Hawaiian Islands details were announced for the 3rd Unlock the Past History & Genealogy Cruise in February 2013. While I'd like to join this cruise I don't think I can make it as I'll either be at Rootstech 2013 (if there is one) or on a South American cruise that I am trying to convince Mr Geniaus that we need to take. I had to miss the 2nd Unlock the Past cruise due to my Hawaiian excursion.


The 9th Annual Legacy Genealogy Cruise that is in two parts, to be held in May 2012, will visit Norway, France, Ireland, England, Scotland, and Denmark is my pick so far for 2012. It travels to some places in Norway I have never visited, visits some favourite ones and does nothave too many days at sea to bore the sox off Mr Geniaus. Unfortunately I cannot justify purchasing the international airfares to join this cruise so soon after returning from Rootstech in March.


This March genealogy cruise from Bombay to Luxor has appeal to me - I do hope this company offers more genealogy cruises in the future as I like travelling on smaller ships rather than the monsters that are used for some genealogy cruises.


Perhaps the Wholly Genes cruise that is usually held later in the year will suit me. I do wish that announcements for these events were made earlier so that people like me could watch out and take advantage of airfare specials to the Northern Hemisphere.


Some day my genealogy cruise will come!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...