Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Don't neglect the living.

I'm back!

I have returned from a family jaunt to Hawaii with Mr Geniaus (BobBob), our daughter, son-in-law and three grandchildren. We had a wonderful time sharing experiences and creating many special memories with the youngsters. Hopefully as they grow older they will have fond memories of their first swim at Waikiki, travelling in the back seat of a number of Dodge Caravans around the Hawaiian Islands, cruising on the Pride of America, watching volcanic lava flowing into the sea from our balcony, seeing swordfish chase our ship, BobBob combing their hair at every opportunity, numerous bargain hunting jaunts to Ala Moana, Macys, Nordstrom Rack and Ross Stores, posing for many photos for Gummy(me), fine dining at American icons The Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gumps, Benihana and The California Pizza Kitchen and spending hours on the waterslides at The Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Gummy and Grandkids waiting outside The Cheesecake Factory, Waikiki
Before setting off on our journey I prepared a few blog posts for publication during my time away and I managed to write one post from Hawaii. Due to lack of new posts the statistics for visits to my blog during December are about 1/3 the number for the two preceding months but are a result of not neglecting the living. I am pleased that I had over 2,000 visits during my absence. Having an opportunity to share such wonderful experiences with the offspring is treasured.

We genealogists must remember the importance of emerging from the past and grabbing opportunities to concentrate on the living.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time with the family! A timely reminder not to always have our minds in the past and concentrate on the present and the people in it. Thanks

Betty said...

Jill, Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It was lovely to hear from you.
Great to see you with your grandchildren. That little granddaughter looks just like you in your post on Christmas at your kinder :)
Have a wonderful holiday!

Betty said...

I've just re-read your post and see that you have had your wonderful holiday! Looks like you enjoyed it.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

This is so true. I had the same sort of epiphany right before the holidays.

Glad you had fun in your travels. You were missed in the genealogy world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...