Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

As my Genimates in the US gather with their loved ones in warm homes and get ready to tuck into huge feasts of scrumptious food they will give thanks for the blessings that have been bestowed upon them.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and hope that you enjoy your time together.

Perhaps at this time you could spare a thought for those families around the world who do not share such bounty. If you and your family could gather $25 between you it could help a family in need. Take a look at the Genealogists for Families Project and see how you can Make a Difference this Thanksgiving.

The Genealogists for Families Kiva project is a group of genealogists that care about families (past, present and future). Non-genealogists are welcome to join our team. We believe that small loans can make a big difference.

1 comment:

Judy Webster said...

I agree wholeheartedly, Jill. Thanksgiving is not an Australian celebration, but I have been thinking about my sisters and our plans for Christmas. We are so lucky to be able to celebrate together. Many people from poorer countries have to work abroad to support their family back home. I have seen lots of stories like that on Kiva. With that in mind, I intend to make another loan very soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...