Saturday, November 12, 2011

Do you know Jack Bales/Boles, Skewy Chefers or Jack Grant?

Taken in 1941 at East Hills according to the notation by my father on the reverse side this is a photo from his Army days. I think it may have actually been after July 1942 when my Dad joined the forces!

Allan John Curry (L) and mates Jack Bales/Boles, Skewy Chefers, Jack Grant
During 1942 Allan John Curry was stationed at Holsworthy Army Barracks near Liverpool in Sydney, NSW. I cannot find mention of a camp at East Hills so presume that the boys in this photo were at East Hills for some sort of swimming carnival or perhaps a bit of R&R. Maybe they were taking a dip in the nearby Georges River.

East Hills is just across the river from Holsworthy
I'd love to hear from anyone who knows the other boys in the photo. I am happy to send you a higher res of this image whose original is a typical tiny old print.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...