Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What did you know about the internet in 1994?

Thanks to my daughter who posted on Facebook today this link about a  Today show segment in 1994.  The Today Show hosts had little understanding of the internet. I think that there are still quite a number of people today who are equally clueless.

It made me reflect on my experience with the internet. I knew about the internet in 1994 but didn't get into it seriously until September 1995 when I did a two day course with Greg Butler from Intouch Consultancy in Sydney (No links to these because I can't find any). Once I had done the course I was hooked. It helped that I worked in an institution that was commited to the use of technology so I was able to feed my interest at home and at work.

I can't remember exactly when I got into using the internet for genealogy but it was certainly during last century.

I wonder what other genealogists knew about the internet in 1994?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...