Sunday, December 19, 2010

SNGF - Dear Genea-Santa

Santa,

This is the first time I have joined in on Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. I have previously blogged my Christmas wishlist but will repeat it here:

Hearing "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" and "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" being played in shopping centres has prompted me to think about suitable gifts for the genealogist or family historian. Family members complain that I am hard to buy for; I think that it is easy to find a gift for me.

I am wondering what is on the gift list of other genealogists this year and am hoping that some of you will share, via your blogs, the top six items on your wishlist.

My top six are:

* An Android tablet (just hope that the Dell model comes to Australia before Christmas)
* A large supply of  acidfree A4 plastic sleeves in which to store my documents
* Clear copies of birth, baptismal and marriage certificates from family members
* Labelled copies of any old family photos that relations have stashed away in boxes
* Subscriptions to genealogy magazines from England, Scotland and Australia
* A scanner with a sheet feeder so that I can make short work of scanning all of  my documents

Santa, I am really writing to you to thank you for my  early Christmas present that I wrote about the other day. Thank you so much for the return Qantas airfares to Salt Lake City in February to attend the Rootstech Conference. I can't wait to get there and join my genie pals. I couldn't wish for a better present.

Well, to be honest, there is something else I would like. I was honoured to find my blog on the shortlist for The Family Tree Magazine 40 Best Genealogy Blogs, I think that I am the only Australian whose blog has been nominated .  I would love s few more votes (vote here) to get my Geniaus blog to the final five in the Heritage category. It would be fantastic to see an Aussie blog make the list.


I know this sounds greedy when I am blessed with such a beautiful family and life here in Australia but I am so proud of Australia that I would like to see it represented in the 40 Best Genealogy Blogs. I don't know that I have been particularly good this year but I have tries very hard. Some people say I am very trying!


Thank you once again, Santa, for my wonderful gift.  I will share the joy in February by blogging about my experiences in Salt Lake City.


Warm Regards, 


Geniaus



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...