Sunday, June 18, 2017

My CemeTree

A few days ago my genimate Alona reminded us that today 18 June is Cemetery Day. Even though I have been out with living family all day I cannot let today pass without recognising my ancestors on Cemetery Day.

On my way home this evening I had a brainwave - I would create a CemeTree - a tree of my ancestors that shows the Cemeteries in which they rest. Unfortunately I have not been able to find the resting places of many of my ancestors especially those in Ireland. I will never get this task done by my self-imposed deadline tonight if I try to create a table, save it to html and then paste it in this post (that is a task for another day). As an alternative I could create a custom Google Map and place the cemeteries on that. For tonight I will simply list generation by generation my direct ancestors whose final resting places I have identified.

Parent
Allan John Curry Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park, NSW

Grandparents 
Thomas William Curry Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park, NSW formerly Botany Cemetery
Mary Tierney Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park, NSW formerly Botany Cemetery
Frank Duncan Rookwood Cemetery, NSW
Ethel Jane Pusell Rookwood Cemetery, NSW

Frank Duncan and Ethel Jane Pusell, Rookwood Cemetery
Great-Grandparents
Thomas Curry  Cowra Cemetery, NSW
Catherine Molloy  Canowindra Cemetery, NSW
John D'Arcy Tierney Dungog Cemetery, NSW
Mary Kealy Dungog Cemetery, NSW
Francis Duncan  Cobar Cemetery, NSW
Harriet Magick  Cobar Cemetery, NSW
James Pusell  Cobar Cemetery, NSW
Mary Jane Aspinall  Rookwood Cemetery, NSW

Francis Duncan and Harriet Magick, Cobar Cemetery
Great-Great Grandarents
Patrick Curry  Cowra Cemetery, NSW
Bridget Ryan  Forbes Cemetery, NSW
Michael Molloy Carcoar Cemetery, NSW
Catherine Connolly  Carcoar Cemetery, NSW
Denis Tierney  Dungog Cemetery, NSW
Eliza D'Arcy  Dungog Cemetery, NSW
James Magick  Denison Town Pioneer Cemetery, NSW
Bridget Ann Hayward  Buddenbela, Cobbora, NSW
James Pusell  Old Burraga Cemetery, NSW
Maria Tucker  Old Burraga Cemetery, NSW
Richard Aspinall  Carcoar Cemetery, NSW

Bridget Ryan, Forbes Cemetery
Great-Great-Great Grandparents
Patrick Curry  St John's Catholic Cemetery Campbelltown, NSW
Ellen Moore   St John's Catholic Cemetery Campbelltown, NSW
James Westbrook  St Matthew's Church of England Cemetery Windsor, NSW
Elizabeth Phipps  St Peter's Church of England Cemetery Richmond, NSW
Robert Hayward  Cobbora Station, Cobbora, NSW
John Tucker  Bathurst Cemetery, NSW
James Homer  Long Swamp Cemetery, NSW

Great-Great-Great-Great Grandparents
William Tucker  St Mary the Virgin Church of England, Datchet, Buckinghamshire, England
Mary Eyers  St Mary the Virgin Church of England, Datchet, Buckinghamshire, England

St Mary the Virgin, Datchet


3 comments:

Anne Young said...

Great idea Jill

Alona Tester said...

Wow, and what Anne said .. what a great idea Jill. Love it!!

Sharon said...

Love this idea. Will have to start working on mine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...