Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A Trio from the Tribe

Were you ears burning this morning?  Your name may have come up in conversations today about cemeteries, conferences, colleagues and other geneatopics.

A few hours ago I met up in a cafe at Beecroft with a couple of fellow GeneabloggersTRIBE members for a cuppa and a chat. Although we rarely see each other we have become firm online friends over the years due to our shared interests in genealogy and geneablogging and as members of the GeneabloggersTRIBE. Seeing each other ín the flesh is a special treat. That I am nearly old enough to be Caitlin's grandmother doesn't matter - family history friendships cross generations.

L-R Sharn, Jill, Caitlin
Due to life's circumstances I haven't seen Sharn White or Caitlin Gow for ages. When Caitlin mentioned that she was visiting Sydney for a week I contacted she and Sharn and we organised our meeting. I was able to present Sharn, whose health issues prevented her from attending Rootstech 2017, with some sougenirs and loot from the Conference.


It was quite a family affair as Sharn's husband David, two of her daughters and a grandson called by to say G'day and meet Caitlin who lives 1,000km away. I think the mystery gentleman who picked up our tab may have been David, thank you so much.

We had a great old chinwag and shared a few geneasecrets that are not suitable to air in public!!

A sweet something to complement the cuppa.

12 comments:

Jennifer Jones said...

Really great to hear about fellow Geneabloggers Tribe members getting together. Makes me think that it would be a good thing to try to organise in different areas/states.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

How wonderful that you were able to get together and chinwag. A tonic all round.

Caitie G said...

Looooved it! I love you both so much!

Alona Tester said...

Yay to catching up in person. That's exciting.

Michelle Nichols said...

How nice for you all. I saw you were at Castle Hill the other day Caitlyn. Pretty close to us!!

Anonymous said...

Good that Sharn got her Bolger beads!

GeniAus said...

About time eh Fran.

Crissouli said...

Great to see the three of you together..I'm sure you all had a wonderful time.

Hilary Gadsby said...

Great to see three of the Aussie Genealogists that I met up with at Rootstech/FGS 2015. I am hoping to go back next year, but I don't think Sharn will be able to make it due to her health issues. I will have to bring something with me for my Aussie mates.

GenieJen said...

So good to read of your great catch up and I'm only slightly envious of that gorgeous cake.

Jana Iverson Last said...

Sounds like a fun meet up! :)

Jana Iverson Last said...

Jill,

I want to let you know that your post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2017/06/janas-genealogy-fab-finds-for-june-30.html

Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...