Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Must-Do Diversion from Rootstech

As I sit at my computer editing and writing I am being entertained by a Christmas CD from The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and their friends The Muppets that came as a surprise in the mail this week.

https://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/shop/products/keep-christmas-with-you.html
Whenever I have attended Rootstech I make time to attend a rehearsal or episode of Music and the Spoken Word with The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra in The Salt Lake Tabernacle at Temple Square. As well as making beautiful music there is an atmosphere of calm created in their performance space, a nice antidote to the craziness that is Rootstech.

One of the highlights of Rootstech 2013 was a special performance given  for attendees by the Choir. I was privileged on this evening to take part in a special "Behind the Scenes" tour of the Choir's practice areas and dressing rooms, it was one of the best tours I have ever undertaken (and I've done a bit of travel).

Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform at Rootstech 2013
If you are a first-timer at Rootstech or a veteran who hasn't yet seen the Choir perform you must take time out from your schedule to experience the music and environment.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...