Sunday, December 15, 2013

Fresh Bait

I've been a little quiet on the blogging front this weekend. I've had a visits to the theatre, movies and the ballet in the past few days that I really enjoyed but I should space these out rather than have them all bunched together.

Today Mr Geniaus volunteered to help me do our Christmas cards and I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to have some assistance, we had done the overseas ones earlier in the week but I was dragging the chain with the local ones. His cousins, friends and former colleagues will get a surprise this year when they see his handwriting on the cards and envelopes.

After completing that task I rewarded myself with some research time. I wasn't doing anything too involved, I was just going though my Curry (my maiden name) cousins, looking for obituaries and newspaper articles on Trove, attaching some missing sources and seeing if I could find any new connections on Ancestry. I found a couple of potential cousins, some clues that helped solve some questions and also a host of inaccuracies.

After spending a few hours on this task I uploaded a gedcom to my family site, http://www.geniaus.net.

Import Completed 

 Hopefully the fresh bait extra names and details I have added will reel in some new cousins.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...