Friday, October 21, 2011

The Heat is on...

I'm a procrastinator, I don't work well until a deadline is drawing near. I was reminded yesterday in an e-mail from Joan Miller, one of my co-presenters at Rootstech 2012, that I must get cracking with our syllabus document that is due on November 1. Joan was too polite to say "get your act together Jill" rather she just sent me a chatty e-mail asking how things were going. Thanks, Joan, for the reminder I'll get onto the job as soon as my babysitting charges go home tomorrow.

We are using a Google doc to plan our presentation and write the syllabus outline that is required by November 1. I might propose to Audrey Collins, Amy Coffin and Joan Miller, who are presenting with me, that we use the new GoogleDocs Presentation tool to collaborate on preparing our presentation slides. I must admit that I have only had the briefest of looks at this tool, I'll leave it until after we submit the syllabus document to see if it will suit our purposes.

I was also reminded about the conference this morning when I found my registration receipt in my inbox; Mr Geniaus also received his receipt. Although he is not into genealogy he is interested in family history; there is such a variety of talks on offer at Rootstech that I am sure  he will find plenty to pique his interest.

If you have been thinking about registering for Rootstech it would be a good idea to do so now at the earlybird rate which is available until November 30. You can check out the schedule here.

We'd love to see you in our session:
Genealogy 2.0: international panelists discuss their use of social media to connect with cousins, collaborate on projects, discuss issues, market and promote genealogy services and perform acts of genealogical kindness.


3 comments:

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Jill is a better panelist than I am. I don't even know the date half the time.

I'm ready to report for duty if you need anything before the deadline.

Joan Miller (Luxegen) said...

No,no,no...not a reminder...was just chatting! Seriously... If you need anything let me know.

GeniAus said...

I'll be onto this tomorrow, I promise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...