Monday, March 7, 2011

Makeover Magic

I have fiddled and diddled for most of the afternoon on this blog and will probably continue to tweak for a few more days. So far:
  • I have a added a new style blogger template, this allows me to add static tabbed pages to the blog.
  • I have created four additional pages: a contact page, a disclosure, a page about my presentations and an empty topics page on which I intend publishing the labels from my blog posts. I have struggled with the html for this, I have copied it religiously in the correct place (so I think) but it isn't behaving.
  • I have sent a number of my widgets to the trash and have moved a number to the bottom of the pages underneath my posts.
  • I have widened the posts section of my page so that I can fit more text in a screen view. This may have an adverse affect on the formatting of old posts but that can't be helped.
  • I have reverted to a two column template to give me this extra width.
  • I have added the Print Friendly button to my posts area.
  • I added some html to move the text in the header that was covering my eyes in the family photo.
I am still trying to find the a blue for the Geniaus header and am having trouble finding the right blue to complement the ocean background.

I was in a bit of a rut with the template and am rather pleased that I finally got around to making some necessary changes.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I really like the reactions buttons.

GeniAus said...

I wonder if anyone will use them?

Tanya Honey said...

Really like the new template. This is just a personal thing, but I think I like the surnames being researched a little higher up. It's a part of a blog I love looking at.

Love the ocean, has a calming effect.

Kerry Scott said...

Looks great. I absolutely LOVE your header.

Unknown said...

I feel your html pain! I spent much of Saturday trying to tweak mine (like you said, adding the line fixes that SHOULD work...ugghh!). I love the custom freebie template I use, but it includes some completely idiotic flaws....white text in a white background search box (fail).....included a line under my date time stamp that said "display: none" (fail). Great job on not giving up! Your hard work has things looking great!

A O'Brien said...

Like the new look and the reaction buttons :)

Shelley Crawford said...

I thought I left a comment yesterday, I must have forgotten to click publish.

I like the new look, it's nice and clean.

GeniAus said...

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Tanya, I have moved the names up to the sidebar.
Cheri, I haven't tried the html again but need to get rid of the labels at the bottom so will have another go next week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...