Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Trove Tuesday - Keep your Head Down

Last night I was Troveing away when I came across a lengthy report on Mr GeniAus' grandparents' wedding. I noted that Harriet Parkinson was given away by her brother Mr R. Parkinson. That's a bit funny I thought, I knew there was a brother George in Australia but I thought Robert was with the rest of the family in England.

I hopped over to Ancestry and in a public tree I found mention of Robert's marriage, checking this out on the NSW Registry site I confirmed that as well as the birth of a son to Robert and his wife (other facts! in the Ancestry tree were inaccurate). Back to Trove I went where I found several articles about Robert and family, these articles were peppered with other names from my tree and confirmed that I was on track. I think that Robert, Annie and their family may have gone back to live in England but I need to follow that up.

I had a field day on Trove and have gathered a swag of clippings that I must extract details from and add to my database. In the meantime I am sharing this one clipping that appeared in quite a few Australian newspapers.  It refers to yet another Parkinson sibling Harry.

1916 'I'VE GOT A WIFE IN ENGLAND".', Sunday Times(Sydney, NSW : 1895 - 1930), 23 January, p. 6, viewed 29 September, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article121338775
I wonder what our chances are of finding some Parkinson cousins on our next trip to The Old Country?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the newspaper clipping - made me laugh. Great Aussie story to have in your family.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr Purva Pius said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...