Monday, November 5, 2012

Family History Through the Alphabet – W is for … Magic

Travelling around Europe for the past four weeks has seriously cut into my blogging time. As I am having a few quiet days in London I will endeavour to catch up on my alphabet posts.

I just don't get how Wi-Fi (or wee-fee as they say in Spain) works and I have no desire to find out. It falls into the realm of magic technology things that I love to use. Using Wi-Fi on my various devices (I am only travelling with two) I can keep up with genealogy news via various social media, write blog and Facebook posts for myself and my local society and maintain my genealogy website as well as dealing with family and personal matters.

Of all the fifteen hotels we have satyed in over the past four weeks only one, a Marriott, did not provide free Wi-Fi for guests; we have also come across many cafes and restaurants that give free access to patrons. When we board our cruise ship later this week we will also have free access.  Most new phones these days have Wi-Fi capability so before you set off on your travels learn how to enable it. It is so easy to be connected in this day and age.

For those who are more curious than I  Webopedia tells us "Wi-Fi is the name of a popular wireless networking technology that uses radio waves to provide wireless high-speed Internet and network connections." This article from How Stuff Works gives an explanation of how Wi-Fi works. 


1 comment:

Gould Genealogy said...

Love it ... where would we be without wifi?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...