Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Conference Wrap-up

As I didn't work on a stand on the 3rd day of the Annual NSW & ACT Family History Conference I was able to watch (instead of just listen) to the speakers on the program. 

After meeting up for breakfast at Tradies with a mate from The Ku-ring-gai Historical Society I settled myself in a front row seat for the performances and found myself sitting beside her.The morning's program with its varied range of topics was interesting and educative. All speaker notes and links can be found on the Conference website.

The Conference Committee, under the stewardship of Allan Murrin, organised a superb conference that appeared to go without a hitch. Thank you to all the members of Botany Bay Family History Society for  looking after us so well. My special thanks go to Heather Clarey who looked after the speakers for her care and consideration in the months leading up to the event.

Following are a few snaps I caught on Sunday morning.

Conference Committee

Mr Rowan - Conference MC

Brad Manera from the ANZAC Memorial, Hyde Park  




Dr Lisa Murray - City of Sydney Historian
Lisa's Opening Slide
Cassie and Ben from Inside History Magazine
Kerry from Parramatta - Hadn't seen her since the 1980s
Jonathan Auld - a mate from Hawkesbury Family History Group 
Geniaus (L) with Michelle Nichols - Hawkesbury Local Studies Librarian
Paul Parton from Familysearch shares the news about the new Familysearch  Family Tree

I added Ellen Moore (my 3x Greatgrandmother) to the Parramatta Female Factory's list of inmates
Some Cemeteries were represented
The Kari Group had an excellent handout and great advice
Last Lecture was from Paul Brunton - The State Library of NSW


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...