Sunday, August 12, 2012

City to Surf

The Annual City to Surf race was held today in Sydney. The race from the CBD in Sydney to Bondi Beach has been held each year since 1971 and attracts thousands of fun runners as well as serious athletes.  I was prompted to share a few family snaps from races last century by a post my daughter just put on Facebook.

I have never donned my running shoes to take part in the race but have watched the finish from the comfort of the VIP stand at the finish line. I think I watched around ten of the races from there between 1980 and 1990. I know that 3/4 of the Geniaus offspring have taken part in the race, not sure about the youngest one but I only have photos of the elder two.

Miss and Master Geniaus with NSW Premier Barrie Unsworth and his Missus (baby unknown)  1987
Miss Geniaus nears the finish line 1987
Fun runners nearly there - 1988
Miss Geniaus  (Centre - Dark tshirt) heads for the finish 1988


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...