Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Top 100 .... thanks to the meme

I can't remember when I last visited the Technorati site. I had a look today because I noticed that I had a couple of visits to this blog via that site.

To my surprise I found that the Geniaus blog was in their top 100 Infotech Blogs list. Seems I've moved up 43 places.

Technorati -  21 September 2011

I reckon that it's because of The Tech Savvy Genealogists' meme. A number of people have linked to Geniaus from their meme posts which have included a lot of techie vocabulary and I guess these have been picked up by Technorati who have put me in the company of geeks.

So that's my theory.

I realise that this is a momentary blip so I am recording this piece of family history before I slide back into oblivion.  

3 comments:

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

You are so famous! A genea-celebrity, for sure. :)

b+ (Retire In Style Blog) said...

Never look technorati in the eye and pray for the best. It seems that we are sometimes at our best when we aren't even trying.

Anyway congratulations. It is all a mystery to me but I am glad you found what works...let us know what was up with that!

My husband is dabbling with genealogy and I have written one post on the subject. It drew a lot of traffic much to my surprise. People are doing some amazing stuff with their searches...including you evidently.

b

http://www.retireinstyleblog.com

Anonymous said...

I'm a Filipino and presently working here in Saudi Arabia, searching for Charring Cross Hospital address to send flowers for a friend who worked there, until I saw your web site that mentioned about Charring Cross
Thanks for an explanation, I too consider, that the easier, the better … this moment
[url=http://jayuxaya.doang.net/docs_3.html]cimarron custom homes ohio[/url]

See you at the latest at Le Mans.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...