Monday, April 22, 2024

A Wish CameTrue

Back in 2012 I penned a post about Paper Overload in which I lamented about the practice of many speakers to provide handouts, reference lists in hard copy. I said" My plea to presenters is to offer an alternative to hard copy handouts. PLEASE."

When I happened across that post this morning I thought about current practice and realise that many speakers provide links to soft copies of their handouts to attendees or event organisers. 

The cynic in me thinks that this turnaround is due to Covid when we turned to digital delivery of  genealogy education. It was impossible to provide physical copies of handouts when we were operating in an online world. 

I hope the reason is because more genies have embraced technology over the past twelve years and are realising the benefits to the community of saving paper. 

The image I used in 2012. Source:  kathrynbutler.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Writing Sparkle said...

I wonder what the ratio of people is that print out the documents from the links provided? Interesting post.

GeniAus said...

I know too many people who hit print too often.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...