Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Trove Tuesday - Oak Vale

The relationship to me is complicated but Lynn Izard who wrote the following letter is the daughter of George who was was previously married to my Great-grandmother, Catherine Molloy

Having just discovered that George and Catherine had a daughter, Mary Isabella Ellen Mary Izard, in  Mitttagong in 1901 I took to Trove with a simple search "Izard Mittagong" to see what I could find on the family. I haven't looked at the Izzard/Izard branch since 2011 so was pleased to be rewarded with many hits which I need to follow up.

I particularly enjoyed reading this letter to a Children's page from Lynn as it describes the area in which my Great-grandmother would have lived with George prior to her death on 1904.  


1924 'GUMBLOSSOM'S WEEKLY CHAT.', Freeman's Journal (Sydney, NSW : 1850 - 1932), 23 October, p. 46. , viewed 22 Sep 2020, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article123251444


1 comment:

GenieJen said...

What an amazing insight into your ancestor's life. I love finding something in my ancestor's own words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...