Monday, May 14, 2018

Judy's coming to my neck of the woods

Judy Webster (photo Jill Ball)
I was excited to learn that Judy Webster, a generous and very experienced professional genealogist and geneablogger from Queensland will be speaking at The Lake Macquarie Family History Group next Saturday.

Judy is also the founder of Genealogists for Families, a Kiva Group, that has 364 members supporting families in third world countries. (Join the group via this link).

Although I can't find mention of this talk on the Lake Macquarie Group's website Judy has posted details on her website plus Facebook page and I read of the event in the Lake Macquarie FH Group newsletter.

Knowing that Judy doesn't cross the border to come south too often  (I last saw her at Congress2018) and that she is a speaker of renown I thought that I'd let my readers know of this opportunity to hear Judy speak on "Look Beyond the Border! Archival records with data for interstate and overseas folk.".

Visitors are welcome at Lake Macquarie FHG so, if you would like to hear Judy speak it would be an idea to let the people at The Lake Macquarie Family History Group know that you are coming.

1 comment:

Judy Webster said...

It was lovely to have a chat with you after my talk today, Jill - and thanks for mentioning Kiva during question time. For some odd reason, I often feel a bit uncomfortable about bringing up the subject myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...