Monday, November 9, 2015

Hiding my Age

A prompt from Geneabloggers over the weekend reminded me that I had missed my blogiversary last week. I must be hiding my age well because, although Geneabloggers told me that this blog had started in 2009 I thought I was a tad older than that. I've put a reminder in my Google Calendar so that I won't miss this event next year when GeniAus turns 8.

Going back through the archives I discovered my first GeniAus post from 5 November 2008.

GeniAus First Post
 Who was I kidding? Crowded? Back in 2008 there were very few geneablogs around, I am so thrilled that, when I retired, I found a niche in which to blog. I had been blogging about education, libraries and technology for several years and enjoyed communicating via this medium and wanted to continue writing bits and pieces. I am pleased that many of my Australian Genimates have taken up blogging, presently I follow over 200 Australasian Blogs in my RSS reader.

Unfortunately I didn't keep a screen shot of my blog as it appeared in 2008. The first image in 2011 I have comes from The Wayback Machine.
GeniAus Blog 27 January 2011
Although the blog has had a number of new looks over the years the thing that has remained constant is my GeniAus portrait done by my then 7 year old granddaughter.

GeniAus Portrait 2008
Entering the Geneasphere via this blog opened up a whole new world to me. I am so grateful to all the friends and opportunities it brought my way. Thank you to all who have stopped by GeniAus over the years, I appreciate your friendship, interest and support.

My life has been enriched by through Geneablogging.


Fran Kitto said...

Jill, plus you should be very proud of all the help you share in the genie-blogosphere. Reading you regular posts is enlighting, enjoyable and educational. It was your post looking back at your time blogging that prompted me to actually schedule a post for one of my blogging anniversaries. If I forget it will happen automatically. Happy Anniversary. Fran

Crissouli said...

Congratulations on your 7th Blogiversary...that is a great achievement. Fran sums it up so well, but I have to add that one of the greatest benefits from blogging is definitely the friendships that arise throughout the blogging community.
I look forward to your next 7 years...

Jana Last said...

Happy Blogiversary Jill!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...