I feel that a lot of my geneablogging friends are too hard on themselves; several have reported on their successes this year but quite a number have lamented that they haven't achieved as much as they set out to do or that they haven't blogged with the frequency they envisaged.
You are a bunch of highly motivated people who have made great strides in the genealogy sphere. Let's share the good news.
Accentuate the Positive 2012 Geneameme
On a whim this morning I decided to throw together a Geneameme in which you can share the positive results of your Genea Activities in 2012.
I invite you to take part in this activity by responding to the following statements/questions in a blog post. Write as much or as little as you want. Once you have done so please share your post's link in a comment on this post or to me via social media. I will, in due course post a list of links to your contributions on this blog.
Remember to accentuate the positive - please delete the statements that are not relevant to your situation.
1. An elusive ancestor I found was
2. A precious family photo I found was
3. An ancestor's grave I found was
4. An important vital record I found was
5. A newly found family member who shared
6. A geneasurprise I received was
7. My 2012 blog post that I was particularly proud of was
8. My 2012 blog post that received a large number of hits or comments was
9. A new piece of software I mastered was
10. A social media tool I enjoyed using for genealogy was
11. A genealogy conference/seminar/webinar from which I learnt something new was
12. I am proud of the presentation I gave at/to
13. A journal/magazine article I had published was
14. I taught a friend how to
15. A genealogy book that taught me something new was
16. A great repository/archive/library I visited was
17. A new genealogy/history book I enjoyed was
18. It was exciting to finally meet
19. A geneadventure I enjoyed was
20. Another positive I would like to share is