Friday, August 26, 2011

The Wonders of Weebly

For most of this century I have been using Dreamweaver to develop my websites. I had previously used the Microsoft product whose name I can't remember. Today I tuned into an Explorinar with Thomas MacEntee of High Definition Genealogy on the use of Weebly. 

In less than half an hour I have put together this simple website using the free Weebly website creator. I look forward to further exploring the Weebly tool to enhance my site. At the moment I haven't personalised the site with my own images etc but give me another hour or two and it will take on its own personality.



I have recently purchased a new laptop and have been going through the tiresome task of loading my software onto it. I am now going to experiment with Weebly and, if I can incorporate my other webpages into my Weebly site then I may not even load Dreamweaver onto this new machine. 


For someone who would like to have a website but doesn't know how Weebly provides a simple WYSIWYG drag and drop interface. It's really child's play - as Thomas related it is being used widely in schools for students to create webpages.


As for today's explorinar with Thomas, he once again did a great job. He ably demonstrated the features of Weebly while interacting with participants who posted questions on the chatboard. I like his style of teaching in which he responds to questions as they arise.  Thomas' personable approach made me feel as though I was in the room with him not on the other side of the world. Thanks, Thomas, for an excellent learning experience.



4 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Thanks for the shout out Jill! The link to your new weebly site is not working - it might be the link in the blog post.

GeniAus said...

Silly me, I linked to the Weebly website. Will amend right now, thanks.

Shelley Crawford said...

Looks great! Hmmm... I might have to have a play with that...

luckyllama said...

Hi, This sounded great, however is it really FREE? When registering, they ask for credit card details - with an annual subscription!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...