Friday, July 22, 2011

Humbled and Honoured - Thanks, Myrt

Whenever I am able I tune in to Geneabloggers Blogtalk Radio hosted by Thomas MacEntee. When Thomas isn't available DearMyrtle takes the reins as presenter as was the case last Saturday (Friday evening in the US).

I was listening to the program with some GeniMates at SAG when Myrt  moved on to a regular part of the program in which a Geneablogger is honoured. I was thrilled that Myrt's selection last week was the Geniaus blog. She made particular mention of one of the tabs on this blog, My CGD Learning Log,  where I record my learning journey. As a former educator I have a commitment to lifelong learning and use this page to record my Continuing Genealogical Development.

To receive positive reinforcement in the form of blog comments or a compliment from a fellow genealogist always gives one a boost. To receive a public commendation from someone of Myrt's standing in the genealogy world was phenomenal, Myrt's kind words and recognition catapulted me up to cloud nine.

DearMyrtle, thank you so much for the shout out, it was fantastic to have an Australian blogger honoured in an international forum. That the blogger was yours truly made that recognition even sweeter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...