Sunday, May 1, 2011

SAG-E

In yesterday's post, CGD - It's not a disease, I said that I used the resources of SAG (The Society of Australian Genelealogists) to seek out potential learning opportunities in genealogy.

One of these resources is SAG-E, the free e-newsletter of the society to which anyone can subscribe online. The society's page indicates that the newsletter is:


"To keep members and other interested family historians up to date, we issue a free monthly e-newsletter which contains:
  • items of news from the family history world
  • upcoming SAG lectures and activities
  • recent accessions of note to our collections
  • changes to our on-line catalogues and databases
  • a selection of new or interesting family history web sites
  • the latest family history book arrivals in our shop"

Anyone with an interest in geenealogy in Australia can subscribe to this newlstter by signing up here  at the society website.


I was surprised when Rosemary, from Climbing the Family Rosebush, put this comment on my blog this morning: "Not quite on topic but ... Your blog received a mention in the SAG newsletter for April. Congrats!"


I  just visited my email box to find SAG-E April 2011 - HTML Version  waiting for me and there it is in black and white - a mention of the Geniaus blog:


"Geniaus Blog
Blogs focusing on genealogy are popping up all over the Internet and their focus ranges from postings about the individual's own research to more general information on what's happening in the field of genealogy. One blog with an Australian focus is Geniaus. This is a good looking site from a self-described "amateur Australian genealogist excited by Web2.0 applications". 

As a member of SAG I am in awe of the knowledge and skills of  many of the members I meet around the geneasphere. I feel  honoured that my little blog has been mentioned as a resource in one of their publications.


Thanks, SAG editors, I am feeling quite chuffed.

1 comment:

Judy Webster said...

Congratulations! You deserve the acclaim. Keep up the good work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...