Friday, February 20, 2009

Internet access for travelling genealogists


When you're out in the field and need to connect to the internet there are not many spots in Australia where one can get free WiFi internet access.

I have just noticed that Maccas (aka McDonalds) are rolling out free WiFi at a rate of 8 stores a day. So far 568 McDonald’s restaurants offer free wi-fi with estimated completion date of mid March. The final number of stores will be 710, making McDonald’s the largest provider of Free WiFi Internet Access in Australia.

To locate a store go to their McDonald's Australia Restaurant WiFi Locator.

I note that my local McDonalds at Dural is already connected so I can pack my netbook and do some surfing when I take the grandkids there for a treat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...